Building facade, with air conditioners, Montevideo, Uruguay.
My weekly roundup of things from around the internet(s):
- Read what Sanjay Gupta has to say about why he changed his mind about weed.
- What decade are you most nostalgic for? Elderly Americans want to go back to the 1950’s. I’d pick 1975-1985, but I guess that’s not a decade.
- When 3D printing goes wrong.
- Friends always ask me why I blog — here are 10 ways blogging totally improves your life.
- Mood Maybe teaches us how to make the perfect boozy popsicles.
- A tutorial on how deal with difficult clients.
- See the 1930-1940’s in fabulous, rare color photos.
- Refinery 29’s list of the best books to read this fall.
- I’ve never understood the virginity fetish.
- Case Study houses added to the National Registry of Historic Places.
- What needs to happen for a blog post to get over 500,000 likes.
- Ashton Kutcher’s not lame and kind of great acceptance speech at the Teen Choice Awards last week.
- How to get the most out of a 5, 15, 30 minutes of downtime at work (ignore the retarded 60 min. suggestions).
- Images of life on the west coast: The best of California photography.
- The anti-bucket list – a list of things you are NEVER going to do. I need to start one of these lists.
This week in LA: It’s hot, but I cranked up the air conditioning and I am getting a lot done. This week I am designing an atrium space with green walls and an epic view of Los Angeles, a few new WordPress projects clients, and a top secret project that I am really excited about. This is the 52nd consecutive day that I have walked around Echo Park Lake. I finished the second Hunger Games book and I am marathoning Weeds. I am getting the test garden cleaned up and I am starting to plan out the fall/winter garden. I’m writing a few long blog posts that will be up soon: things I wish I knew I was 20, saying goodbye to our lake house, and photos from our trip to Cappadocia, Turkey.