Here are some of my favorite links this week:
- Did you know the Eiffel Tower was once a giant advertising billboard?
- How to get over a breakup? Redecorate.
- A man named Kim puts Mr. if front of name on resume and gets a job.
- Need some ideas for paintings?
- Blogger/designer Justina Blakeney inspiring piece on her professional journey.
- The most common nutrition mistakes.
- A checklist for holding a very successful meeting.
- An infographic on how to save 1M for retirement.
- 7 tech essentials to pack + I would also add my favorite essential — a travel power strip!
- The truth about bagged salad.
- Why flipflops are horrible for your feet.
- F$@!able at 50? Hell. Yes.
- A fellow Blogcadette, Emma Rose Black, on finding spontaneity in your everyday life.
- The 5:30am workout that will change your life.
- Whatever happened with Caine’s Arcade?
- Winners of Food52’s best road trip snacks competition.
- Our friend John Knuth’s art went viral this week. His fly paintings (flies puking/pooping paint) were featured in the Huffington Post, Gawker, etc.
- The world’s most AWESOME swing:
What I am up to this week: I’m really trying to concentrate and get a lot done. I’m busy working on several media and landscape projects and I am writing proposals for new projects. I also started planning a major re-design of the BREAKurban website. It is part of an exciting new business venture I am launching later this year — it’s top secret now, but I am looking forward to sharing it with everyone in a few months! I’m still on my walking kick, so far 13 walks/hikes in 10 days. My plan for next week is to try to make more smoothies and salads — I need a lot of energy to get this work done!
Have an excellent week!