Hand painted patio paving at Hemingway House in Key West
Here is my weekly roundup of hot links:
- How to make happiness a daily habit.
- An Illustrated History of Unbelievably Camouflaged Ships.
- Forget organs, did you know you can donate your poop?
- Divers Discover 52,000 year old forest in ocean off of Alabama.
- Go ahead, make enemies. It’s surprisingly good for you.
- [Girl crush] An Interview with Emily Henderson: Secrets of the Stylist.
- Video – Marie Forleo on how to deal with your critics.
- The secret to success? Help other people be successful.
- Do you unpack in hotels rooms? Ah, you might not want to.
- The most powerful page on your website and how to supercharge it.
- 10 Cities in Asia you have never heard of — but will totally want to visit.
- Master the Art of Self Promotion, non-Kardashian style.
- Think your office is soulless? Check out an Amazon fulfillment center.
- Make the most of your LinkedIn profile – here are the 5 most popular skills people list.
- Buffer on the origin of the 8 hour work day and why we should reconsider it. Nice diagrams.
- Apparently setting up an amateur DIY biology lab in your home is becoming a legit hobby.
- A peek at London’s 2013 Serpentine Gallery. I wish it filled up my side yard.
- The Burj Khalifa has the biggest fountain in the world but has to truck away all their human waste.
- A new app that lets you turn a photo into a color palette instantly.
- 5 ways to instantly appear more confident.
My vacation is officially over and I’m back in Los Angeles. I’m refreshed and getting a ton done. I’m trying to break my project down into 90 minute units and it seems to be working really well. And I am listening to Hunger Games on Amazon’s new service Audible. I also promised myself that I would get up early and go for a walk every day this week. Follow me on Instagram and see if I stick with it!