30 Days at Echo Park Lake
This weeks round-up of things I found on the internet:
- It’s hot, mix up a batch! 25 ice tea recipes.
- If you travel and love architecture, then kill it with the Phaidon Architectural Travel Guide App.
- 6 secrets of super productive to-do-lists and people who get shit done.
- Meanwhile, inside an abandoned underwater strip club…
- Would you eat a plate of living food?
- Have you heard of jpegmini? It’s an app/website that reduces the size of your jpeg files without sacrificing quality.
- Time Travel: Let’s go back to Groovy Afghanistan.
- Find an heirloom tomato you LOVE at the farmer’s market? It’s easy to the seeds and grow it next year.
- A see-through car from 1939 – PHOTOS of the futuristic Pontiac Ghost car.
- Want to be a wizard identifying AGAVES? — here is the Sunset plant guide.
- Maps of never-realized urban projects — the cities that could have been.
- Self employed? 7 key times to ask for a referral.
- Acting you wage, not your title or age.
- Gala Darling on reasons who you should give up coffee ASAP + her favorite alternatives.
- And Tim Ferris (of 4 Hour Work Week) on his favorite 4 power beverages.
- Thing you were awkward as a tween? Prove it. Post your before/now pics on the Awkward Years Project.
My week in Los Angeles –
- I did it! This is day 31 of my 30 day goal to walk around Echo Park Lake everyday! It is the highlight of my day, so I am just going to keep going and see how long I can walk an unbroken chain of walks.
- I’m still going full full throttle on my summer work-a-thon. This week I worked on 5 websites/WordPress sites, a set of green walls in an atrium, a portfolio and a new garden. + A bunch of great projects coming up. I’m still still trying to break my work up into 90 minute units, which is really working for me.
- This week I am listening to Spanish for the Busy Housewife and Catching Fire (2nd book in The Hunger Games trilogy) on audio book.
- The test garden is cranking out tomatoes, peppers and beans right now and a few late strawberries. I’m starting to daydream about the fall/winter garden…
- I updated to Abobe CC ($50 a month), which is something I have been avoiding, but I knew I need to do. Hopefully it will improve my workflow and make me uber efficient.
Go enjoy summer!